Monday, September 8, 2014

Two besties take a trip through Arizona



Ever get the feeling that there's a place on the planet calling you?
I have more than once. 
 I have a notebook I usually have in my big messy
bag just  full of lists.  
One of those lists is a bucket list with places I want to go to.
 Usually odd ones like a tree house in Vermont, or a trip to see the gorillas in Uganda, a safari that is hugely unaffordable.
 Sometimes those trips come at inopportune times.  Last year Maria and I contemplated Israel, then the fighting started.
 Mind you, I went to Europe shortly after Chernobyl, things will happen on the planet.  
You can't let that stop you. 
 Just make wise choices


I love getting off the beaten path.





One of the places I have always wanted to go was the South West United States.
I had seen images of the Arizona's  Monument Valley, it was definitely a place
I wanted to see.  
I want to drive down the famed route 66,
 and go down to the depths of the Grand Canyon
paddle down the Colorado River, 
find out if the vortexes really exist in Sedona.  

Imagine my thrill when unexpectedly, while telling my bestie Maria, that I just couldn't
 get this trip going this year, she said





I'll go with you!  


We hadn't traveled together since
 As we started to talk about it - and make teensy steps toward making it happen we

 our beach trip to Venezuela which was over 8 years ago.

realized that we were thinking about another trip that two other ladies have taken on
the silver screen.












 You may ask, are we gonna argue about who is who....?
Nah - just as long as we go!






Wanna see the Thelma and Louise trailer ?


Thelma and Louise Film Trailer






So - then the question became - uh - do we rent a convertible?
Duh - the answer was...yep!  







Then we realized two pieces of luggage don't fit in the 

We booked our tickets, bought our insurance, are packing our backpacks and sunscreen and binoculars 
(on the look out for Brad Pitt look-alike?)

Mitsubishi Spyder Convertible so Maria (Thelma) spent an hour 
trying to get another convertible.....
.we managed that.




The dogs are being baby sat - by loving hubby Mikey (not my hubby - hers!)
Thanks Mikey!  

In the mean time we're gonna get outta town.




First stop Phoenix, wanna follow?





Can you say Road Trip?  Yes!







Fasten your seat belts! 
Hope it's Not gonna be a bumpy ride. 
Vroom Vroom!
Hang tight - and follow us if you're curious about where our travels take us.